Restoration
I may sound a little weird with what I'm about to say is my idea of an "Artist Date" but funny enough what sparks my creative side is...people watching! I have always used "People watching" as a way of creating characters and plot lines. I can get ideas from any location I'm in but for the most part I go to the most random places for research, like grocery stores or WALMART! I get a lot of my comedy stories from Walmart because how could you not see the comedy that walks around there, LOL! When I want my romantic stories I tend to go to parks and the movies because the idea of dates or chance meetings happens in those places. But the place I frequent the most is the mall and bookstores, the story concepts are limitless.
Besides "People watching" I love to do creative child like things such as coloring books or decorate old things in my house with some kind of sparkle or color. I also find that cleaning my house and rearranging furniture really makes me think creatively. But I just love listening to other peoples life stories because it gives me insight to the human psyche, and what makes them tick. Watching and hearing real life happen right in front of me is like watching live film... or theatre.
So on my Spring break, even though I barely had one with all the school projects and the commercial I booked ( which I'm very grateful for), I have taken a little time to do what sparks my creativity. I will probably have more fun with it this weekend for the French Quarter Fest, because all the normal and not so normal people come out for a the festivities. I look forward to recording and writing new concepts. Oh! One other thing I love to do is sit outside at night and look up into space and imagine what other planets are like and if there is life out there, is there someone just like me who doing the same thing I'm doing or if in some alternate universe the things I dream to do or write are actually being done on another planet...and then I write about that!
P.S. Yes I know I'm weird, but isn't that a requirement for all true artist? LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment